History.

 

In 1959 The Union County Court appropriated library funds, a library board was elected, and the Clinch-Powell Regional Library then started to supply books to the library. Since that time, the Maynardville Public Library became a member of the Clinch Powell Regional Libraries. The region was renamed in 2012 was and is now Clinch River Regional Libraries.

 

The Maynardville Public Library was first housed in a room across from the barbershop below Bailey’s Dept Store & Wise’s Drugstore. In 1976, the current building was dedicated, and was built with the help of a Federal grant money the library moved to the Union County Community Center with 1561 sq.ft. In January 2013 the library expanded to over 3000sq.ft. by renovation of the Union County Community Center.